Duck getting picked on by fellow females

I have been seeing some of my Runners bickering, I call it bickering because they are doing a little neck wrestling but not to the point any one has a bunch of feathers missing.

I'd make sure that they actually are bullying her before even thinking about separating them. My Welshie Clementine suddenly molted a whole ton of her feathers overnight this past week (mostly the dramatic long wing feathers). If I didn't know my girls' personalities and Clem's demeanor as well as I do, I might have thought one of the other ducks had pulled them out. It seems absolutely ridiculous to molt during literally the coldest week of the winter so far and temps about as low as they ever go here but I guess she doesn't get any say in the matter! Her mood seems totally fine, though, and I haven't observed any aggression.

Is she missing feathers on her neck? I only ask because one of my girls has been molting this last week despite the weather.
She is missing feathers on her neck and when her wings are spread out there are a lot of missing feathers. My husband has also seen the larger of the girls jumping on her back pecking at her.

I'd make sure that they actually are bullying her before even thinking about separating them. My Welshie Clementine suddenly molted a whole ton of her feathers overnight this past week (mostly the dramatic long wing feathers). If I didn't know my girls' personalities and Clem's demeanor as well as I do, I might have thought one of the other ducks had pulled them out. It seems absolutely ridiculous to molt during literally the coldest week of the winter so far and temps about as low as they ever go here but I guess she doesn't get any say in the matter! Her mood seems totally fine, though, and I haven't observed any aggression.
Thanks for the reply. She is definitely acting scared of Maeve, trying to get away from her. I’ve been out of town, so. I’m sorry I didn’t give all this information at once, I’m getting updates from my husband.

They are working hard enough to get through winter without being stressed by bullying. If there is a way to separate her and still keep her where everyone can see each other that would be best. And maybe try one of you laid back female with her? For company

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom