Duck grooming

Hey everyone ! I have a special duck that needs extra help grooming and eating .I can never seem to get him as clean as his friends outside can - anyone have any recommendations ? We already do weekly indoor bath soaks to get off extra poop
a special boy like him, And even healthy ducks can benefit from some vitamins, i like nutritional yeast to get the ducks their vitamins but alot of members have been segesting B complex from TSC.
high-level-vitamin-b-complex-500ml.jpg

He is absolutely amazing and beautiful. We had a disabled goose I loved him so so much. He couldn’t stand so he couldn’t preen his oil gland eventually stopped producing oil. He was a very extreme case. I don’t think that will happen with yours but you’ll be able to tell because he’ll look like he’s super wet.
I’m glad the others don’t pick on him and try to help.
Definitely don’t use soap it’s okay if he’s a little dirty. I think that’s something to do in an extreme case ours got into a mud puddle once and even then we didn’t use soap.
I don’t think you can really do anything because you can’t rub his oil on his feathers, you can probably brush him with your fingers and mimic what the others do maybe that will make him feel better.
I put a little step by the pool for our smaller ones just a large kind of flat big rock or something like that you could always make a ramp for him.

Closest I came to having a handicapped bird was my old drake who couldn’t walk the last few years of his life. He could walk a very short ways but I had to carry him to his area in the morning and to the coop in the afternoon but he was such a happy boy had one girl left who he adored she is now almost 13, I was happy to help him and my little Orpington who had the over grown bill. They are very special.

a special boy like him, And even healthy ducks can benefit from some vitamins, i like nutritional yeast to get the ducks their vitamins but alot of members have been segesting B complex from TSC. View attachment 2022435
I have this for my new ducklings coming soon- how much would you reccomend and how often ? It’s dosed On the back for 100 pounds

Back
Top Bottom