Duck has a little cut

DuckyVanderQuack

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2023
Quick question, what do you guys use on your ducks when they have a cut? I noticed one of mine has a little nick on the skin where his bill starts, it's hardly bleeding but do you guys do anything for that? Or should I just rinse it and leave it be?

I spray w a little vetricyn, or, apply a bit of triple antibiotic ointment (no painkiller is important)

Do you know how he got cut?
Is there a sharp edge somewhere that you can correct so he doesn’t (and none of the others can) injure themselves?

You can use Verteycin spray for wounds and infections or triple antibiotic or neosporin with out pain relief. Or just a saline rinse recipes on line. When my gander punctured his bill I just added some ACV with mother to his drinking water and it healed up fine.

I spray w a little vetricyn, or, apply a bit of triple antibiotic ointment (no painkiller is important)

Do you know how he got cut?
Is there a sharp edge somewhere that you can correct so he doesn’t (and none of the others can) injure themselves?
Thank you! Im not sure what he did, he was free ranging and must have poked himself on a stick or something, it's tiny, I'm not sure what he did but I'll look into it! I checked their pen and couldn't find anything that would have poked him.

You can use Verteycin spray for wounds and infections or triple antibiotic or neosporin with out pain relief. Or just a saline rinse recipes on line. When my gander punctured his bill I just added some ACV with mother to his drinking water and it healed up fine.
That's perfect! Thank you! It's not deep by any means, it looks like he might have poked himself with a stick or something. Nothing in their pen would have caused it. He was free ranging when I noticed it

sometimes i use vetricyn spray, and or Neosporin .( no pain killer)
when my little blue runner duck cut her face open on a fence post Spike i used hen healer ointment -the blue stuff -and that works really good too

@Miss Lydia
the ingredients are different but they’re both blue

Attachments

• 441AEF70-B590-494F-8F85-58E3BB01AFEB.jpeg
    441AEF70-B590-494F-8F85-58E3BB01AFEB.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 65D5D31F-6E1A-40FF-A029-A6BF1D0F4F66.jpeg
    65D5D31F-6E1A-40FF-A029-A6BF1D0F4F66.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom