Duck has limp what can I do

Once one has a niacin issue already the liquid B complex @Jenbirdee mentioned is the best for getting them over it. Then rec to use Nutritional yeast after they are not limping for at least a week. . Pekin just seem to need more niacin and also more Calcium since they are usually heavy layers.
What type of niacin do you have because flush free and time released won't work.

I do have niacin, but I haven’t given her any since she’s been separated, so I’ll definitely start. And I think the cob is dry cob, but she doesn’t get as much because I usually give it to the main flick after free ranging, but if it helps her I’ll start giving it to her, and if it doesn’t I’ll keep avoiding it.
Dry cob isn't really for birds, I'd personally cut that out of the diet.
Ms lydia has given you good advice.

C.O.B.

Corn
Oats
Barley
w/Molasses

I mix some in with their feed, but shouldn’t be given just by itself.

Bag says it’s for cows, pigs, horse, etc.
but each of the products are beneficial to chickens and ducks, just not in a high and sole amount.

Attachments

• IMG_6849.png
    IMG_6849.png
    807 KB · Views: 6
All flock or just regular duck pellets are best. I use County Companion and Countryfeed brand pallets for ducks. The crumble seems harder for them to intake.
Josh’s Frog brewers yeast works well is adding it to veggies and fruits, or feed without the proper nutrients.

Of course, letting them free range is best if even for an hour a day.

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7
Once one has a niacin issue already the liquid B complex @Jenbirdee mentioned is the best for getting them over it. Then rec to use Nutritional yeast after they are not limping for at least a week. . Pekin just seem to need more niacin and also more Calcium since they are usually heavy layers.
What type of niacin do you have because flush free and time released won't work.
I have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 5
All flock or just regular duck pellets are best. I use County Companion and Countryfeed brand pallets for ducks. The crumble seems harder for them to intake.
Josh’s Frog brewers yeast works well is adding it to veggies and fruits, or feed without the proper nutrients.

Of course, letting them free range is best if even for an hour a day.
I’ll definitely switch to all flock, but I have 12 chickens so I don’t think I can use normal duck feed full time

yes a good all flock pellet feed, and even though they’re grown, you can still sprinkle on nutritional yeast I use bragg .
There is a liquid B complex they sell at tractor supply and you can buy it online Durvet makes a good one it will say that it’s injectable but for ducks we give one ML orally per day if they are having leg problems you can add it to a small dish of treats like mealworms make sure she gets all of it. instead of a layer feed my laying hen ducks, get their calcium from a bowl of flaked oyster shells that I leave on the side for them to take as wanted.
Okay, I’ll definitely start doing more oyster shells and everything else

C.O.B.

Corn
Oats
Barley
w/Molasses

I mix some in with their feed, but shouldn’t be given just by itself.

Bag says it’s for cows, pigs, horse, etc.
but each of the products are beneficial to chickens and ducks, just not in a high and sole amount.
Thanks! I had no idea what this was. Looks like that wouldn't be bad for ducks necessarily.

However,
@Beloved Turkey I'd cutout everything but it's regular feed for a while though so you can be sure it's getting adequate nutrition for the time being so you can try and figure out if nutrition and niacin deficiency is the issue.
And it may not be. It may be something else. But without an expensive vet visit there's not a good way to know, may as well try what you can and see what happens.

Thanks! I had no idea what this was. Looks like that wouldn't be bad for ducks necessarily.

However,
@Beloved Turkey I'd cutout everything but it's regular feed for a while though so you can be sure it's getting adequate nutrition for the time being so you can try and figure out if nutrition and niacin deficiency is the issue.
And it may not be. It may be something else. But without an expensive vet visit there's not a good way to know, may as well try what you can and see what happens.
Okay will do thanks for the all the help, I now have a niacin supplement and will soon have a vitamin supplement

Back
Top Bottom