Duck has limp what can I do

Beloved Turkey

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
This duck has had a limp for about a month I have a video of him walking is there anything I can do other than Epsom salt soaks and does anyone know what this is because it’s not bumble foot I’ve checked him every time I’ve done a soak

Sweet cob? Dry cob? Corn? I'm sorry, what do you mean by cob?
Can you get duck feed or nutritional yeast? Niacin supplements? I think she may have niacin deficiency.
I do have niacin, but I haven’t given her any since she’s been separated, so I’ll definitely start. And I think the cob is dry cob, but she doesn’t get as much because I usually give it to the main flick after free ranging, but if it helps her I’ll start giving it to her, and if it doesn’t I’ll keep avoiding it.

Sweet cob? Dry cob? Corn? I'm sorry, what do you mean by cob?
Can you get duck feed or nutritional yeast? Niacin supplements? I think she may have niacin deficiency.
Would switching to all flock give the ducks more nutrients, or should I mix normal duck food with the current food. Or do you have another food suggestion that I can find in big r. I’m about to buy new food so whatever I need to get I can get really easily

I do have niacin, but I haven’t given her any since she’s been separated, so I’ll definitely start.
I am not a Duck person, but do know they need Niacin for leg health. Read the article below, it's very informative https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.75862/

As for what to feed, let's tag in the Duck Experts who can best guide you on nutrition and care.
@Miss Lydia @shawluvsbirds @Jenbirdee @ruthhope

Would switching to all flock give the ducks more nutrients, or should I mix normal duck food with the current food. Or do you have another food suggestion that I can find in big r. I’m about to buy new food so whatever I need to get I can get really easily

I am unfamiliar with the feed your using, but it sounds like it's just layer feed which most of the time doesn't have enough niacin for ducks, especially a Pekin duck. They seem to have more leg issues than others. I'd switch to an all flock feed or duck specific feed as well as supplement with extra niacin and see if that helps. I also don't know what cob is.. but anything your feeding extra could mean your duck isn't getting all the nutrients it needs due to consuming that instead of the feed.

yes a good all flock pellet feed, and even though they’re grown, you can still sprinkle on nutritional yeast I use bragg .
There is a liquid B complex they sell at tractor supply and you can buy it online Durvet makes a good one it will say that it’s injectable but for ducks we give one ML orally per day if they are having leg problems you can add it to a small dish of treats like mealworms make sure she gets all of it. instead of a layer feed my laying hen ducks, get their calcium from a bowl of flaked oyster shells that I leave on the side for them to take as wanted.

Back
Top Bottom