ToriMarsh0390

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
Hey all,

I’ve had an injured Brahma for a week now, at first there was no sign of injury, not even swelling, but she had a severe limp so I brought her inside and put her in a crate, and have been giving her 81mg of aspirin twice a day with scrambled eggs.

She continues to eat, drink, and lay eggs daily, but has went from walking with a severe limp to being unable to walk at all, expect for in a small circle.

I’ve soaked her in Epsom salt bath starting today as I’ve just learned it can help with swelling and injuries.

After her bath, I inspected her again, and see her hock is looking like this. It is red and has what looks like a bruise?

Can anyone help me out here as to what could be going on? I’ve carefully manipulated her leg and she seems to have a good range of motion, no obvious breaks, and it is not bumblefoot.

I’ll also try to attach in the comments a video of how she is holding and moving her leg.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Also I should add that there is no avian vet in my area and an emergency vet visit is 100% out of the question. I’m trying to do what I can for her before I cull.

Attachments

• 82E38CCA-1EEB-48E7-A2DF-FC8A9F98CB8A.jpeg
    82E38CCA-1EEB-48E7-A2DF-FC8A9F98CB8A.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 16
Other than the red pressure sore on the left leg, is it the right leg with the green bruise that is bad? Can you get an X-ray at the vet? How high is her roost? How old is she, and was she vaccinated for Mareks? Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and made public with a link posted here.

Back
Top Bottom