duck has pipped over 30 hours ago but still no development

sophiafur

Chirping
May 22, 2020
Hi i am hatching 3 welsh harlequin ducks, -one of which has hatched (day 27)
-two of which have made a small crack in the egg over 30 hours ago and has not made any progress. (currently on day 28)

I may be over thinking but isnt this a bit too long for them to not have made any more progress?? If so is there anything i can do to help them?
Here is a pic
E416F6E5-53D8-4FA2-B12A-804DACFA0B8C.jpeg

This sounds perfectly normal, not too long at all. :) Ducks spend a lot of time in this stage, often up to 48 hours and occasionally longer, without making any apparent outward progress.

Are they making any movement/noise?

This sounds perfectly normal, not too long at all. :) Ducks spend a lot of time in this stage, often up to 48 hours and occasionally longer, without making any apparent outward progress.

Are they making any movement/noise?
Thankyou so much for the reply! was beginning to worry...
so only one of the eggs i can hear chirping coming from inside, but the other i dont hear any. (the one that is chirping had pipped before the other one)

i believe it has been around 40 hours since the one chirping had pipped, and the other one maybe like 20 hours.

for the one thats been in there for a while should i peel and egg shell off? or shall i just wait?

@sophiafur did they hatch?

It's relatively safe to chip off the shell over the air cell (candle and find it first), but I usually wait until the 48-hour mark before assisting unless I have reason to believe something's wrong before that.

Back
Top Bottom