Duck Hatching Help...yolk broke...

Mitchellnc

Hatching
Sep 1, 2020
Its day 25. The egg has been in a homemade incubator. I pipped it 2 days ago. Nothing happened. Yesterday, I took the top off. I saw the little guy wiggle a bit. I applied neosporin on top. There looked like a bit of yolk left. I realized after reading about hatching eggs (my first time for my daughter and i) we had been rotating them upside down. So, I assumed he probably needed assisting. Today, I checked on him, and no movement. No real changes at all, really. I was worried about shrinkwrapping. Another egg I did that was a day behind did that yesterday. We found it was infertile though. So, as I was checking for baby ducky, I couldn't see him he fell out of the small dixie cup with yolk and the yolk broke. I quickly stopped and put him back in with as much yolk as possible, but no movement. There was quite a bit of yolk. Is there hope?

Welcome to BYC!

Could you post a few pictures of the duckling? A ruptured yolk sac grants a grim prognosis, sadly. Is he moving around, or peeping?

What is your humidity set at? The temperature as well?

Thanks Isaac! I truly appreciate you!!
Thank you for responding. Temp has been constant 99 and humidity has been constant 50. No movement at all that I can tell. Kind of looks good in the egg. His head was up on top earlier. I can't see it now. So I don't know if that means he moved or ?

Thank you for responding. Temp has been constant 99 and humidity has been constant 50. No movement at all that I can tell. Kind of looks good in the egg. His head was up on top earlier. I can't see it now. So I don't know if that means he moved or ?
*goopy not good

Attachments

• 15990000846681671653451118231434.jpg
    15990000846681671653451118231434.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 11
So very sorry, I missed the notification that you replied back.

Judging from the picture, I'd say the duckling has little to no chances of surviving. :hugs If you want to see though, I'd put saran-wrap over top, and increase the humidity a bit.

Back
Top Bottom