Duck hatching help.

Pingtheduck

Hatching
Jun 4, 2023
Hello I have runner duck eggs that are 28.5 days old in a incubator … final stages suppose to hatch today ( Sunday) I have one egg that has been rocking and rolling since Friday, still moving Saturday and can hear the duck peeping but there is no visible cracks in the shell.
This morning (Sunday) its cohorts have visibility cracked the outer shell (all of which have had little movement) but this one is still rolling side to side intact.
This is my first time hatching ducks, I would love and appreciate advice!!
Should I be concerned?

Hello I have runner duck eggs that are 28.5 days old in a incubator … final stages suppose to hatch today ( Sunday) I have one egg that has been rocking and rolling since Friday, still moving Saturday and can hear the duck peeping but there is no visible cracks in the shell.
This morning (Sunday) its cohorts have visibility cracked the outer shell (all of which have had little movement) but this one is still rolling side to side intact.
Should I be concerned?
I would not be myself. Once they pip internally if they take over 48 hours to pip externally then you can become concerned. I have read that Runner Duck eggs can take a little longer than the normal 28 days. I don't know if the article was right or not. Good luck with your ducklings.

Should I be concerned?
No need to worry yet, sometimes they're a little late if the temp in the incubator is a little cool. Is your thermometer calibrated?

Once internally pipped, they could take up to a day to externally pip. If they take longer than 24 hours, they are at risk of running out of air and it's best to make a tiny safety hole in the air cell. Incase this happens or you become concerned, here is the
Assisted hatching article

just keep in mind that ducks can be quite slow, slower than chicks. After external pip it may be 48 hours until hatch, so don't rush them.

Back
Top Bottom