duck house ideas

SARAH's little HOMESTEAD

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2017
Alberta, Canada
hey everyone. im wondering what everyone thi ks of the different duck house ideas put there. I am going to buy a shed for my 4 pekins anf build a big run for them around my garden. issue is im not sure if i should go with wood ,plastic or metal. i think wood might be best but whats ypur thoughts on a sturdy plastic shed for ducks. would it be decent enough to protect my ducks from alberta weather?

I would defiantly go with wood... A metal shed would probably get to hot in the summer, And plastic sheds arent really good for the summer either, i've made that mistake giving some chickens a plastic shed... Got to hot one day and the hole inside smelled like plastic which isnt probably good for my chickens... So i would go with wood ;3

Wood. Can also be a cheap DIY project. I have done mine with recycled pallets...

Attachments

• 20170620_180157.jpg
    20170620_180157.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 25
I also think wood is better. but either way you need windows or vetting. Ducks do not get cold easily but It will be easier too add windows I would think.
But it would probably be cheaper to build if someone is handy.
I am moving my hut and Pen currently and will just built my hut with posts and 4 x 8 plywood. It wont be fancy but will be sufficient. I do not lock my ducks in so I have to make their pen is secure from predators.

Back
Top Bottom