Duck house ventilation-pics

Tiggrsbounc

Songster
6 Years
Jun 28, 2013
Eastern NC
Hi all,
So we started on the duck house today...it's not finished but I'm wondering if it has enough ventilation or too much? The open areas at the top are going to have chicken wire put over them. Do you think we need to add a few "windows" lower down that can be closed and opened as needed-they would be covered with wire as well. Probably cut out square areas and put hinges and latches on them.

The pic only shows one side of the house but the open area is open on every side. It's 4 x 6 ft and is approx. 6 ft tall.

house.jpg

Thanks!

Julie

I have something similar in my duck house and it has been fine. I am not sure where you are located but I pack my vents with hay in the winter to let the moisture out but keep the heat in. I do not have water in my house though.

I have something similar in my duck house and it has been fine. I am not sure where you are located but I pack my vents with hay in the winter to let the moisture out but keep the heat in. I do not have water in my house though.
I'm in NC. Winters aren't usually too bad. That's an interesting idea with the hay-not something I would have thought of. I won't have water in my duck house either-their water will be out in the pen area. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom