DUCK HOUSE

This is their little house. It has dutch doors so in the winter the tops can be closed and just the bottoms open in inclement weather. There is an auto waterer for horses inside that connects to a rain barrel behind the house.

This is their pool and pool Cabana. They use the Cabana quite a bit when its sunny or an eagle flies over.

This is the feeding area. Their yard is around 50' x 75' or so. We will be adding another fence around the future orchard that will give them another 5000 square feet or so.

Last edited:

This is their little house. It has dutch doors so in the winter the tops can be closed and just the bottoms open in inclement weather. There is an auto waterer for horses inside that connects to a rain barrel behind the house.

This is their pool and pool Cabana. They use the Cabana quite a bit when its sunny or an eagle flies over.

This is the feeding area. Their yard is around 50' x 75' or so. We will be adding another fence around the future orchard that will give them another 500 square feet or so.
So cute! looks like you used a stall mat under that cabana?

Nice houses, all!

Having just tried to help out after a raccoon-related tragedy, I ask you to please be sure to plan on predators testing your housing. If there is a weak spot, they will find and exploit it, and the results are heart-rending. Really.

That's why mine are housed overnight not penned, while i am certain some can create predator proof runs/pens we couldn't(too costly) so we opted for a building instead.

Last edited:
So cute! looks like you used a stall mat under that cabana?
I like your set up wild peas but I have 1 question "wheres the ducks at during this photo shoot"? and look at the inside of that house, not one bit of poop to be found.
lau.gif

We have all male ducks and that means separating them into groups in the spring when the testosterone hits. So we built a duck duplex. There are 2 doors and an internal wall that goes up just beyond their heads. That way they can share the heat/fresh air and hear each other but not fight.
There are two full doors on the back walls for cleaning out. Once we realized how much fresh air they need and put in lots of screening up high, the bedding gets changed once a week or so.

This one is the original house and now has 4 ducks living in it.

We have all male ducks and that means separating them into groups in the spring when the testosterone hits. So we built a duck duplex. There are 2 doors and an internal wall that goes up just beyond their heads. That way they can share the heat/fresh air and hear each other but not fight.
There are two full doors on the back walls for cleaning out. Once we realized how much fresh air they need and put in lots of screening up high, the bedding gets changed once a week or so.

Nice set-up! love your wooded surroundings... we have stalls set up in our main house to keep our drakes although i have one hen who flies in with a different one now & again lol Love the second house.. i think i'd like something like that for the mallards.

Last edited:
This is one of the night duck houses,the smaller one on the right is for the call ducks :) these are in a really large fenced in enclosure
with a pond..

and this is the feed area,,I made a shelter to keep it off the ground,and dry from the rain.

Very nice beardiemom!

Back
Top Bottom