1. DuckBoy323

DuckBoy323 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Arlington Washington
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] .
    [​IMG]. Hey yall I'm wanting to start my breeding house for my ducks so I can separate em by the start of next year. The first 2 pictures above is what the housing me and my dad made last year after we took off all the pieces of woods, sides and flooring. The only thing that was left was the roof and the top wire thing as shown in the 3rd photo. I'm thinking of putting the wired thing all around the house which would be good to use because coons, or coyotes or birds can't get in. It feels like a cheese grater so if a coon tried climbing up it I'm sure it'd have some cuts on its paws but any who, i would like to put it around the house as sidings and have 2 entrances for the ducks to get In and out. In this duck house I'm going to separate em. So 2 different breeds will be separated in it. And for the flooring I was thinking of using plywood and use a corner of the house and use the wire thing for the waterer so the water can go onto the ground and not on the plywood. I'll have a total of 8 ducks in the house 4 on each side. And I'll have my 3 other ducks in a different house that we already have built. What do yall think? Thanks Ivan

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    I don't have any ducks so I can't help you there but you've done a great job so far. I like the metal 2 x 4"s.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by