Duck Houses

Pics
Found more. Some of the process. We laid down linoleum and used 1/4" hardware cloth for Windows and ventilation. Also a battery operated led tap light.

Right before adding finishing touches.

Ducks like to be near the ground.

We actually took an adorable chicken coop design from here and made it identical but made it lower for the ducks and didn't add roosting bars - they don't need them.

That is one of the cutest duck houses I have ever seen! I just love it!! And I love the American flag, I'll have to add one to mine.
1f642.png

Here's mine that I still have to finish it though not quite done. I just used scrap and reused lumber and fence panels on top of a pallet I had been holding on too. It's nothing fancy but it should work...I hope.
I think it looks great! I'm jealous of your enclosure. We are still working on plans for ours. DH is...a perfectionist. He also tends to take over my projects and do things I didn't want. Sometimes though this works out because he's an engineer so he thinks of really clever things I would never have considered. But it's annoying because my birds need a d a m n enclosure!

I think it looks great! I'm jealous of your enclosure. We are still working on plans for ours. DH is...a perfectionist. He also tends to take over my projects and do things I didn't want. Sometimes though this works out because he's an engineer so he thinks of really clever things I would never have considered. But it's annoying because my birds need a d a m n enclosure!

Thank you
1f642.png
I tend to want to do things myself too because I know what I want and if it doesn't come out right I only have myself to blame. I have a lot of fun though building things and the duck house though crude, is fun working on. I designed the run to be half a pergola, I'm a gardener and love and have many antique roses so that along with wanting a shaded run gave me the idea to make that type of run. We actually just rebuilt the entire run this spring for our chickens and now ducks who will live with the chickens.
I'm sure when (and I know this is your problem) your DH gets your enclosure built it will be a darn good one, maybe you can start it and when he sees you working on it he will "take over" and get it done.
1f609.png
That usually works for me. lol

Thank you
1f642.png
I tend to want to do things myself too because I know what I want and if it doesn't come out right I only have myself to blame. I have a lot of fun though building things and the duck house though crude, is fun working on. I designed the run to be half a pergola, I'm a gardener and love and have many antique roses so that along with wanting a shaded run gave me the idea to make that type of run. We actually just rebuilt the entire run this spring for our chickens and now ducks who will live with the chickens.
I'm sure when (and I know this is your problem) your DH gets your enclosure built it will be a darn good one, maybe you can start it and when he sees you working on it he will "take over" and get it done.
1f609.png
That usually works for me. lol

LOL yes, when is definitely my problem! Good idea! I love the pergola. Climbing roses are one of my favorite things to see along the wall of a home.

Hello I'm new on here and new to raising ducklings. I have four mallard ducklings that are a week old today and was wondering when I go to put them outside is it better to use a raised pen or to build one on the ground? Thanks!
1f601.png

Hello I'm new on here and new to raising ducklings. I have four mallard ducklings that are a week old today and was wondering when I go to put them outside is it better to use a raised pen or to build one on the ground? Thanks!
1f601.png

welcome-byc.gif
I prefer raised houses with a ramp into a ground pen protected from ground predators and aerial. The raised house is easier to clean
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom