duck hunched, raspy voice, and wet feather?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

are you willing to get the Liquid B complex and give it a try? It's an inexpensive way to treat for niacin def when one has one like this, and a very good way to tell if this is a niacin deficiency because they usually start showing improvement in less than one week.
You little duck needs help and it's up to you to try.

I've watched that second video a few times and there is something that happens at the end that makes me wonder about a few things. First of all, are you sure this duck is a drake?

I've had 3 ducks that have been struggling since the middle of March with something similar to what I see in yours. I have runners so the stance is totally different but when I saw your duck's wings spreading out at the end of the second video if made me think of mine.

Nobody has been able to help with whatever problem I am dealing with. I've contacted everyone on here, breeders, and vets and nobody has any answers. My ducks with this problem are all girls and I've given calcium gluconate, B-complex and baytril. Mostly when it starts they have to lay down and rest a bit and then they are fine. IDK, here is my video just so you can see if it's close to what your duck is going through.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

are you willing to get the Liquid B complex and give it a try? It's an inexpensive way to treat for niacin def when one has one like this, and a very good way to tell if this is a niacin deficiency because they usually start showing improvement in less than one week.
You little duck needs help and it's up to you to try.
I bought liquid b complex today. I mixed it with a little water and threw in meal worms to help encourage the duck to eat it. do you think that is good enough? do you suggest another method? I find it hard to give it through the mouth.

I've watched that second video a few times and there is something that happens at the end that makes me wonder about a few things. First of all, are you sure this duck is a drake?

I've had 3 ducks that have been struggling since the middle of March with something similar to what I see in yours. I have runners so the stance is totally different but when I saw your duck's wings spreading out at the end of the second video if made me think of mine.

Nobody has been able to help with whatever problem I am dealing with. I've contacted everyone on here, breeders, and vets and nobody has any answers. My ducks with this problem are all girls and I've given calcium gluconate, B-complex and baytril. Mostly when it starts they have to lay down and rest a bit and then they are fine. IDK, here is my video just so you can see if it's close to what your duck is going through.

im not too sure if my duck is a drake. I did see a little curl going on at the tail, and since the duck has the raspy voice, I just always thought he was a drake up until I started to see the duck start to decline this much. :( I didn't see the ducks tail curl today though.. so maybe female? haha I hope so (I don't want chicks)
But.. wow. Do you know how long they are fine for before it starts to come back again?
I just picked up liquid b complex today. I haven't heard of the other two.
your ducks wings are spread out, don't know if its because of your ducks height, but my duck doesnt hold their wings out like that unless they're "gliding"(weak) across the ground.
I hope your ducks get better soon!!

I watched the video again, I feel like it does resembles my ducks issues a lot. maybe like you said, maybe the stance is different. could you should me a picture or video on her front side?

im not too sure if my duck is a drake. I did see a little curl going on at the tail, and since the duck has the raspy voice, I just always thought he was a drake up until I started to see the duck start to decline this much. :( I didn't see the ducks tail curl today though.. so maybe female? haha I hope so (I don't want chicks)
But.. wow. Do you know how long they are fine for before it starts to come back again?
I just picked up liquid b complex today. I haven't heard of the other two.
your ducks wings are spread out, don't know if its because of your ducks height, but my duck doesnt hold their wings out like that unless they're "gliding"(weak) across the ground.
I hope your ducks get better soon!!
the little drake feathers sometimes fall off too so you can't always go by that. I've got 4 drakes but only 1 with a drake feather right now but they are molting which seems like a continual process around here.

I do have a video of "it" happening to 2 of my girls at once but it's really long which has views from all sides. Let me see if I can remember how to edit it and I'll post it. This has only happened to a few of my girls which leads me to think it might be a reproductive problem but I really don't know because they were all laying every day and the eggs were perfect. They are down one minute and up running around a little while later as if nothing happened.

I'm glad you got the b-complex started at any rate. It's good for them anyway. If you do notice your duck's legs are shaking that is a good sign that it is a niacin problem.

Another thing you might want to do is get some fortified nutritional yeast flakes instead of the brewers yeast. That has a lot more niacin in it. I sprinkle a couple of heaping tablespoons on top of the feed when I refill the buckets every time.

Back
Top Bottom