Duck hurt it's leg and won't put pressure on it.

SharkNewt

Chirping
Jul 21, 2021
I was holding my duck (something I do often) and she jumped out of my arms and hurt her leg. She's not putting pressure on it, and isn't moving much. When she does move, she hobbles. Is there anything I can do?

Just keep her isolated and comfortable so she's not jumping around. These things usually resolve in a day or two. Most of the time unless it's so bad they can't walk, I just let them continue to be with the flock and keep an eye on them.

Just keep her isolated and comfortable so she's not jumping around. These things usually resolve in a day or two. Most of the time unless it's so bad they can't walk, I just let them continue to be with the flock and keep an eye on them.
She tried to walk, but won't use the foot. I think I remember hearing that they need to be away from the rest of the ducks, and to have limited movement, so I made her a little nest, next to where my other duck is, so she doesn't get lonely.

I also made her a meal out of collard greens I ripped to shreds in the blender, her usual pellets, and a few mealworms, and gave her the leftover water, with some more added to it in another dish. She seems to be eating very scarcely, but she is drinking the water. I came out to check on her and she also seems to have turned herself around so she has visual of the boy duck 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20210906_034903126.jpg
    IMG_20210906_034903126.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom