Duck ID

RachG75

Chirping
Jun 5, 2016
Central Illinois
I ordered two Welsh Harlequin ducklings from Metzer Farms. This is what I thought I have been raising for 6 weeks now. Someone just told me that they are definitely not Welsh Harlequins. I paid $60 including shipping! These are Fawn and white runners, right?
IMG_7039.JPG
IMG_7049.JPG
IMG_7055.JPG

They should be getting a bit more color by now just a bit of brown specks at least. You can compare them to pictures online to, sadly I can't post pictures right now lol

Definitely not WH. I agree they look like fawn and white runners. You should contact Metzer. They should at least offer a partial refund or something.

Here is a picture of what mine looked like around 6 weeks.
IMG_0567.JPG

They are giving me a full refund including the $40 shipping. I'm not really mad, just a little sad they are not the friendly, docile, egg-laying powerhouses I was expecting. My family loves them anyway. Metzer said that the person must just have read the invoice wrong. They offered to send me two WH ducklings, but I can't raise ducklings all over again. I'm worn out from keeping everybody separated and fed different things, and brooder cleanup...you all know what I mean, I'm sure. Thanks everybody.

Back
Top Bottom