Duck ID

valenciaferg

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2015
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this pair of ducks that my daughter brought home on Saturday. I have looked at pictures of ducks till my eyes are crossed. I think the lady told her Japanese something or other. LOL. Anyway, If you could take a look see I'd appreciate it! Thanks for your help! Valencia

Help!! Pekin or Indian runner?

Pekin? Indian runner??

Pekin, I'd guess. I have three Indian Runner ducklings, and they are very different to these. The head is much flatter, and the bill slopes downwards from the top of the head, instead of sticking straight out. I googled Pekin ducklings and they really look the same, I don't have any other ducks, so maybe they are a different breed too, but they definitely don't look anything like my runners! :)

You're so welcome :)

Have fun watching them, mine are such a delight — worth the considerable added mess of adding a shallow tray of water to the brooder once they're old enough, IMHO! :)

Quote:
They look like very very low quality chocolate magpies to me. Anconas normally have less dots... And magpie and ancona can easily be bred out. Especially with mallards. The basic mallard coloration is almost always dominant and takes over the other color...

Quote:

They look like very very low quality chocolate magpies to me. Anconas normally have less dots...

And magpie and ancona can easily be bred out. Especially with mallards. The basic mallard coloration is almost always dominant and takes over the other color...

But there heads look like ancona so I am then again with buffgooseguy. They look like very very low quality color and body ancona ducks...

Back
Top Bottom