Duck Info For Beginners

Pics
Welcome to BYC! Ducks are great personally I have 3 female Muscovy ducks. I love them they are one of the friendliest kinds of ducks and I would highly recommend, also they don't loudly quack like other ducks and are pretty quiet. I have them in a 4x8 coop and let them free roam my yard throughout the day. They absolutely love their kiddie pool and are just super fun to watch. Duck feed is ideal Purina is a good brand or whatever duck feed you have near you. Whatever ducks you end up getting I hope you have a lot of fun with them!

Also as treats mine particularly like mealworms and watermelon, peas are great for them too.

Welcome to BYC! Ducks are great personally I have 3 female Muscovy ducks. I love them they are one of the friendliest kinds of ducks and I would highly recommend, also they don't loudly quack like other ducks and are pretty quiet. I have them in a 4x8 coop and let them free roam my yard throughout the day. They absolutely love their kiddie pool and are just super fun to watch. Duck feed is ideal Purina is a good brand or whatever duck feed you have near you. Whatever ducks you end up getting I hope you have a lot of fun with them!

Also as treats mine particularly like mealworms and watermelon, peas are great for them too.
Thank you so much! They sound like they really are some happy birds. Watermelon and peas?! That is great. Thanks again!

Also if you get them as ducklings the more time you spend with them while they are young the more social and friendly they will be, mine are super friendly and love pets and snuggles
Yay! I'm glad to hear that. Some of the articles I've read say that ducks are not social, but now I think that they just didn't pet them! Thank you!

Yay! I'm glad to hear that. Some of the articles I've read say that ducks are not social, but now I think that they just didn't pet them! Thank you!
Some are more social than others but it mostly depends on the breed and just how much interaction they have. If you hatch them out yourself they will imprint on you and be super friendly towards you! Out of the 3 I have one is imprinted on me and another I didn't get till she was already a couple months old and they are both very friendly. My other one however doesn't really like pets and prefers to just keep her distance when my other girls come up for their pets :p

Some are more social than others but it mostly depends on the breed and just how much interaction they have. If you hatch them out yourself they will imprint on you and be super friendly towards you! Out of the 3 I have one is imprinted on me and another I didn't get till she was already a couple months old and they are both very friendly. My other one however doesn't really like pets and prefers to just keep her distance when my other girls come up for their pets :p
Haha! They sound adorable! What breeds do you have? If I get ducks, I am planning on a Golden 300 Hybrid, a Welsh Harlequin, and a Khaki Campbell. Probably, sometimes life has a mind of its own!

Back
Top Bottom