Duck injury

alibond

Chirping
13 Years
May 26, 2008
For the first time in 2 years a blankety blank dog came into my yard and attacked my flock. Killed a rooster and injured two ducks. The one duck seems to have a leg injury. He will move his toes but won't use his leg. I've got him confined and comfortable right now.

I've read on this site about bath therapy, but should I try that now or let him rest a day or two before he tries to use it?

clean him up well and look him over for any major injuries. Scratches, punchers ect. Treat with triple antibiotic cream like neosporin withOUT pain relief. comfy and calm with water (you can add in poultry vitamins to it)

So don't put him in the tub? There aren't any visible injuries and he's eating drinking and pooping

I would go ahead and let him have a lukewarm bath. You can see how he moves with weight off the leg, and warm water may help with circulation and muscle relaxation. Might make him feel better.

Boy and I thankful for this site. I never would have thought of pool therapy. He's doing much better today. Seems to be using the leg a bit more, and he's in a better mood, meaning he's crabby that I'm keeping him confined. I think that's a good sign. Thanks for the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom