Duck is laying it’s head on it’s chest

I would love to start them on it today, if I were to go to my local store, can I buy any brewers yeast / nutritional yeast/ what should I look for / watch out for when buying
@DuckyDonna @Miss Lydia
They may know more options or others to tag to help where you can buy the stuff
Also may try vitamin E , vitamin B complex and nutridrench
Possible it’s a vitamin deficiency
Some birds get it more then others even from the same hatched group
I have a little guy who was born with smaller bone mass then he should have do to egg issues of 2 air cells one at each end blocking growing space
He couldn’t use his legs or feet and his neck was stuck looking left with hardly any motion
That was 6 days ago. I have been treating him with all those vitamins and yesterday still wobbly but he walked
I have been up feeding him every 2 hours

If you have a natural food store or a grocery store that sells organic you should be able to find Nutritional yeast which has more niacin than brewers yeast. you just put it over their feed 1 Tab per cup of food. daily until at least 10 weeks old that is when they are growing the fastest. Other products with niacin is liquid B complex or tablets. Poultry vitamins etc.
What breed do you have?

Honestly I am not sure. As far as I am aware, I do not think so. He definitely couldn’t have jumped from a too high area. If anything, maybe he ran into a brooder wall. He doesn’t seem like he is in pain when I pick him up. I also tried to look at his neck and move it around , but I couldn’t see any visible injury nor was he verbally in pain. How did you help yours get better ?
She got better on her own, took a while. If he is a duckling, vitamin E and brewer’s/Nutritional yeast is recommended. I feed 22% protein. Do they treats? Or grit?

If you have a natural food store or a grocery store that sells organic you should be able to find Nutritional yeast which has more niacin than brewers yeast. you just put it over their feed 1 Tab per cup of food. daily until at least 10 weeks old that is when they are growing the fastest. Other products with niacin is liquid B complex or tablets. Poultry vitamins etc.
What breed do you have?
I am almost positive they are pekin ducks

Do you have a Tractor Supply store near you? If so, get some of this B-complex. Its got tons of niacin in it and is great to have on hand anyway. Keep it in the fridge once it's open and it will last.
This is what you want,
A86322DF-C73B-40F3-9061-075DC90A598A.jpeg
I know it says for cattle but give them 1ml on treats like watermelon or whatever they will scoff up right away so they get all of it. I think putting it in water dilutes it too much so I don't ever do that. My ducks love tomatoes so I squirt some on them and they are gone in 2 seconds.

Actually, you can order this on amazon I think too.

What breed do you have?
I created a new forum with pictures of my duck if you wanted to take a look that would be great! I am going to try the nutritional yeast today and see where that goes

Do you have a Tractor Supply store near you? If so, get some of this B-complex. Its got tons of niacin in it and is great to have on hand anyway. Keep it in the fridge once it's open and it will last.
This is what you want, View attachment 3052596I know it says for cattle but give them 1ml on treats like watermelon or whatever they will scoff up right away so they get all of it. I think putting it in water dilutes it too much so I don't ever do that. My ducks love tomatoes so I squirt some on them and they are gone in 2 seconds.

Actually, you can order this on amazon I
This is what you want, View attachment 3052596I know it says for cattle but give them 1ml on treats like watermelon or whatever they will scoff up right away so they get all of it. I think putting it in water dilutes it too much so I don't ever do that. My ducks love tomatoes so I squirt some on them and they are gone in 2 seconds.

Actually, you can order this on amazon I think too.
I posted a new forum with updated pictures, but I do have a tractor supply near me so I will take a trip and see if they have this is stock. Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom