Duck is lethargic and stays away fron the other ducks

No Miss Lydia I am not but through years of giving goats shots and trying to save chickens that are sick plus I watch a lot of animal vet shows. I have seen them tap a dogs tummy several times. I also watched a video on doing it on a chicken. I did catch another duck and it was nothing like her stomach so I was 90% sure thats what it was. So I did the tap and got 70mL out and decided to stop and see how she does overnight. She was shaking so bad while I was holding her I didnt want to stress her more than I already had. The only thing that bothered me was the stuff I got out of her was almost brown, looked a little like it might have had a little blood in it. Maybe it was just some cells that I was seeing. Well now I guess I just wait and see if she feels better. Terri

Update on my duck. Checked her this AM and she now has a cough and it looks as though there is a little blood in what she is coughing up. I think the only thing left to do is to put her to sleep I don't think she will have any quality of life now that she is coughing. Thank you all for you help. Terri

And I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but the times I have drained that color fluid, the necropsies of those birds revealed very diseased birds, so you decision, while not an easy one, was the right thing to do. :hugs
Thank you, The look of the fluid really pushed me to end it, I really appreciate your thoughts. Terri

Back
Top Bottom