Duck just died...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by adroit14, Jul 3, 2016.

1. adroit14

adroit14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    Hey, i havent posted here in a while, but alot has gone down in the last 2 days for me. 1 thing that happened was one of my ducks died. One of the first ones i got, and i was devasted. I was away at a relatives house, and one of my ducks got out of the cage. My paraents came outside to discover that my duck was on the ground, lifeless. What makes me mad is that it bit it in the neck, but did not eat her, like it did it for sport. I have considered building and setting a trap. Ill have more on that later. Another thing that happened is that one of my ducks scraped his leg and it started to bleed. It walked with a limp. I gave it antibiotics and isolation. 2 weeks later, the wound dissapeared, but he still walked with a limp. Ill try to get a video in the morning. What do you think is still causing the limp. Ill be happy with any suggestions. Thank you.

2. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope Premium Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    So sorry for your loss[​IMG] Dogs will kill for sport. Once the bird stops moving they usually leave it then. The external wound has healed but internally muscles, tendons, etc. could still be healing. That will take more time. I had a chicken that limped for months before she completely healed. Good luck catching what ever it was that got your duck.

3. adroit14

Apr 7, 2015
    Thank you. I dont think it was dogs, because i have a 5 foot fence around my property. But it could be.

4. adroit14

Apr 7, 2015
    well, is it bad if it looks really noticeable. Ir if he does not want to mive at all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by