1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck laws?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DaffyDuckDuck, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DaffyDuckDuck

DaffyDuckDuck New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    Does anyone know if ducks are legal in council bluffs city limits? When i try to find anything about animals here it brings up pit bulls...

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I think there is a section in BYC about LORE (local ordinances . . . .)

lemme see if I can find a link

3. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  4. ChicagoDucks

ChicagoDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Chicago

Good research, Amiga. Chapter 4.20 article III addresses farm animals in the town limits. I'd recommend that you call the zoning building department at city hall. It looks like it might be allowed, with a permit, depending on your zoning and lot size. Good luck!

5. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Thanks, ChicagoDucks. Sometimes I can find exactly what I am looking for, and other times I am completely lost in the ether.

6. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Definitely make the phone call. In doing research I have found the ordinance may say chickens are legal, but other poultry/fowl are not. May not specifically be addressed in the municipal code. Better to check ahead of time than have the problem with the city later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by