1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Laying Eggs What to do?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LoveDucks2016, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LoveDucks2016

LoveDucks2016 New Egg

Dec 18, 2016
    My Muscovy duck is only 6-months and today she was acting different, quiet and not walking as much. She is an indoor pet and there are no other ducks interacting with her. She loves us and loves to sit on the couch and watch TV, today she had none of that, but after her bath I put her back on her cage and she lay 2 soft shell eggs.

My question is can I diaper her or will this prevent her from laying and cause pain? I am not really concerned about the eggs, I don't eat them or sell them or anything like that, but I am worrying that I will not know when she is ready to lay and she will be in pain or something. Any guidance is appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Fabiola.

2. GoldenFlight

GoldenFlight Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    How far apart did she lay them? If the shells were soft that means she needs calcium. No, she shouldn't have a diaper on while she is laying. Well, ducks normally lay around the same time every day, so if you learn when she lays you could just have her in the cage during that time. I hope that helps! [​IMG]

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Buy her Oyster shell......Pick up any place Chicken feed is sold.........

No diapers.......

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by