Duck Learning Center?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Jul 31, 2010.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    The Chicken Learning Center on BYC is a FANTASTIC place for people to go to learn about chickens. (I've been scouring it since directed there by a forum member, because we are adopting 5 chickens soon and I've never kept them before) It answers almost every basic question you could possibly think of about caring for them. Everything from a FAQ, to basic Caring For Them 101, to a glossary of terms, to all about their anatomy and diseases and a lot more.
    Ducks are becoming so popular in the backyard flock, and the forums see the same basic questions all the time. (I know, I asked them all here myself when I first got into ducks.) Wouldn't it be great if BYC had a Duck Learning Center to direct people to too?[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    The Learning Center and FAQ are invaluable!

I agree, a duck category would be great. [​IMG]

3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Wow. I really thought more people would like my idea. [​IMG]

4. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Quote:I'm sure more people will like this idea... but not at this time of the morning!!!!
    [​IMG]

I know i love it!

5. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    That sounds great! I think they should also sort "Ducks" into categories like "Incubating/Hatching", "Breeds", and "Coops" or "Other"

6. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Def! that way all the newbies (aka- me lol) wouldn't have 2 ask as many q's!

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I think it's a really good idea. In fact, I think it's getting to a point where BYC may become more of a BYP (backyard poultry), or where they will need to have another site entirely, like a BYD. I send people over to these boards all the time when they are thinking about getting ducks and want to know where to find out more. It would be totally awesome if the site had its own comprehensive duck learning center.

8. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    That sounds like a great idea - I had lots of questions when I first started and continue to have questions, but some of the basics that we all keep asking over and over again as we start keeping ducks would be super.

9. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Duck Wiki is all I can say. I wish I had time now. Something like that I can only do after Christmas, when our sales season is down.

10. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Maybe what would be helpful is a waterfowl learning center. BYC is allready rich with useful waterfowl info from many knowledgable BYCers. If we could get it all togather, that would be very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by