duck left eggs?

auntie50

Hatching
7 Years
May 13, 2012
OUR MUSCOVY THAT AS SAT TIGHT ON A CLUTCH OF TEN EGGS TOOK A BREAK FOR A SWIM AND PREEN .I DONT KNOW HOW LONG SHE LEFT THE NEST FOR.THE DAY WAS VERY WARM.I FELT THE EGGS AND THEY WERE NOT COLD BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL STILL BE OK.SHE WENT STRAIGHT BACK TO THE NEST AND HASNT LEFT SINCE.THE 28 DAYS ARE UP NEXT WEEKEND.ANY ADVICE WOULD B APPRECIATED.IS.THIS COMMON?

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
OUR MUSCOVY THAT AS SAT TIGHT ON A CLUTCH OF TEN EGGS TOOK A BREAK FOR A SWIM AND PREEN .I DONT KNOW HOW LONG SHE LEFT THE NEST FOR.THE DAY WAS VERY WARM.I FELT THE EGGS AND THEY WERE NOT COLD BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL STILL BE OK.SHE WENT STRAIGHT BACK TO THE NEST AND HASNT LEFT SINCE.THE 28 DAYS ARE UP NEXT WEEKEND.ANY ADVICE WOULD B APPRECIATED.IS.THIS COMMON?
For one thing Muscovies take 35 days not 28 and it is fine for them to leave the nest, they need to take a break and they cool the eggs on purpose. You have a ways to go so just relax and trust your duck she knows what she is doing. And

auntie50

Hatching
7 Years
May 13, 2012
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT.SHE IS ACTUALLY SITTING ON THREE RUNNER EGGS AND SEVEN SAXONY HOW LONG DO THEY NEED?

auntie50

Hatching
7 Years
May 13, 2012
WILL DO HAVE TO GET HELP TO ATTATCH PHOTO.VERY EXCITED AND RELIEVED JUST HAVE TO KEEP FINGERS CROSSED.

Top Bottom