Duck limp

Willardtheduck

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2022
Hello, I have a black Swedish duck that developed a limp lastnight. Doest seem to have bumblefoot but I'm a noob. Maybe a sprain? Looking for advice first image is her right foot which she doesn't want to stand on
1000001081.jpg
1000001083.jpg

Looks like the ankle on the left foot maybe swolllen some. Can you tell comparing? Might be a sprain if so rest along with Epsom salt soaks can help with swelling and inflammation to keep him from drinking the water use a bucket put both legs down inside (it’s easier doing both) and hold onto him. If you can soak him a few times a day it should help. Hopefully after 4-5 days of rest along with liquid BComplex (TSC) this helps support the legs while healing. If weather permits for pool time that is good therapy as long as he isn’t jumping in and out. Or warm soaks in the tub.

Ok I have some supplements. I have a smaller box to put her in at night. I will soak her feet tonight and a couple times tomorrow. The one ankle in comparison definitely looks bigger. She's not going to be to happy being separated from her 5 sisters but she'll live lol.

Tha k you so much for your help in service you do on this forum.

Be sure to keep us updated on how she is doing. Sorry I was calling her him.
To keep her from getting depressed you could bring one of her sisters in for a visit maybe rotate? Or let her be outside but contained so she isn't running around making her ankle worse. Dog kennel would work.

Be sure to keep us updated on how she is doing. Sorry I was calling her him.
To keep her from getting depressed you could bring one of her sisters in for a visit maybe rotate? Or let her be outside but contained so she isn't running around making her ankle worse. Dog kennel would work.
She seems to be alot more stable. Yesterday she would fall over today its just a mild limp. She actually sat still for her soak!

Back
Top Bottom