TundraFang

Songster
Jul 31, 2021
United States
So this morning I let my flock out of the coop to free range and my Dalmatian duck, Pongo, was huddled in the corner. When I moved towards her she ran out limping. I caught her and her foot looks fine. No signs of bumble foot or any other injury. The leg is a bit swollen and compared to the other leg it feels floppy? I don't know if that makes sense. If I wiggled the duck while holding her the leg just kinda swung back and forth. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

The 'swinging back and forth' doesn't sound good. Hopefully she has just bruised herself, and the leg is not broken. If there are drakes in the flock, I would separate her with another hen for company.

The 'swinging back and forth' doesn't sound good. Hopefully she has just bruised herself, and the leg is not broken. If there are drakes in the flock, I would separate her with another hen for company.
I don't have any drakes but I brought her inside with another duck and they're currently in my tub. She's now refusing to put any weight on it and is using her wing to balance. She won't eat or drink anything and is huddled in the corner.

Back
Top Bottom