1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Needed -- Sacramento Area

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JenniferK, Feb 21, 2013.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    Northern California
    After about two years without incident, a raccoon found a weak spot in what I thought was a secure pen and slaughtered four out of our five ducks. The survivor, a male black East Indies, has severe gashes on his head and bill and was trembling when I found him, but he seemed pretty strong (while trying to evade me!). I brought him in to recuperate, and although he hasn't eaten today, he seemed more alert this evening and I think he'll be OK. But assuming he makes it, I'm afraid he'll be terribly lonely. So I was thinking it might be good to get him some company, preferably a smallish adult female. If someone has one that they would like to part with for minimal money (I don't care about breed as long as it's not giant), I would like to come get it. We're heartbroken for him and for the ones who didn't make it. Thanks.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your drake makes a full recovery and you are able to find a friend for him.

3. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by