Duck Noob

CallMeQuackers

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
NT, Australia
Hi All, Love this site, it seems to have all the best answers about everything poultry when I ask Google, so I thought I better join up.
I am new to ducks and have 9 Australian Calls that I have purchased in the hope of breeding up my own line. My partner has had chooks for a few years and is having a go at breeding Silkies and Pekins now.
I have had these ducks for about 2 months and have just collected a clutch of eggs for the incubator to try my luck and we have a few under a broody chook also. Fingers crossed :) So I have been actively searching this morning for advice on if I should clean eggs etc. and have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of info and the fact that regardless of the difference of opinions there was no hostility or putting down of others. Great to see people on the internet happy to promote their own opinion without getting negative.
Looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers

Welcome to Backyard chickens, BYC also has a dandy thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." Love your avatar, have to admit ducklings are even more fun to watch than chicks. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, BYC also has a dandy thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." Love your avatar, have to admit ducklings are even more fun to watch than chicks. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Hey thanks drumstick diva :) I'll pop over and have a look.
I think secretly we all know ducks are cuter ;)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your duck egg incubation I hope you have a great hatch. Here are a couple of links yiu might like to check out if yiu have not already. The duck section of the forum for all the duck chat ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
Also have yiu checked out the learning centre? Lots of articles on all aspects of keeping poultry including ducks ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you decided to join Backyard Chickens!
frow.gif

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
yippiechickie.gif

Have fun with your flock! :)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
I am just in love with your avatar!!!!!!!! Such a great pic!
thumbsup.gif
Good luck with your flock and breeding. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Glad you decided to join this community. Great to have you!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
I am just in love with your avatar!!!!!!!! Such a great pic!
thumbsup.gif
Good luck with your flock and breeding. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Glad you decided to join this community. Great to have you!
x2 i love the avi too!! Adorable!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom