Duck Not eating?

I also agree with weighing her and keeping an eye on her for a day because you can't exactly compare her to others even if they are the same breed. I have hens of the same breed who's overall bone structures and weight vary enough that you can feel the difference picking them up. Kind of like people you can even have full blood sister's of all different shapes and sizes.
I’m going to try to weigh her tonight when they go in for the night and I think despite being stressful leaving her locked for at least part of the morning With some fees so I can see if she goes after it. I have a feeling it is like you say just different from her sisters. But I do know whenever they eat from our hands up until a few days back she was always right after the feed on the ground. Plus she would get right in there after the feed bowls. That’s the only thing that makes me nervous

Of all my Runners my little Fawn and White is my tiny light weight one. She eats good she is just small.
Okay good to know. Yes I wasn’t worried about her size until I noticed she isnt eating like she use to. If that wasn’t the case I wouldn’t have paid any attention to it as we have a very diverse flock so different sizes and colors and attitudes are normal for us. But just seeing her act so differently had me a bit alarmed

Have you checked her keel bone to see how much flesh is on it? It could be she's just running lighter than the rest but maybe there is an issue.

Keel bone? I’ve had ducks for several years and think I know a lot until something happens that I haven’t dealt with yet then I feel useless.
It's the bone you can feel when you pick them up that's running down the center of their chest.
Here's a chart that shows approximately what you're looking for
20220519_132121.jpg

207D8AAB-8BF0-4091-BD64-B7068F83CB8D.jpeg

This is the sweet girl in question. She is very small. The bone you can feel very easily but you can on a lot of the ducks. I feel she may be a little small but nothing alarming. She only stopped eating that we know of approx. 4 days ago. I am getting more worried as she still refuses food and now has slightly odd behavior. When shes walking around she seems completely normal just just standing still it’s almost like she goes right into dozing off. I have her some nutri drench tonight will see show it goes. Any suggestions on why she would just stop eating ??? I took a video but idk how to upload

Last edited:
View attachment 3115008
This is the sweet girl in question. She is very small. The bone you can feel very easily but you can on a lot of the ducks. I feel she may be a little small but nothing alarming. She only starting eating that we know of approx. 4 days ago. I am getting more worried as she still refuses food and now has slightly odd behavior. When shes walking around she seems completely normal just just standing still it’s almost like she goes right into dozing off. I have her some nutri drench tonight will see show it goes. Any suggestions on why she would just stop eating ??? I took a video but idk how to upload
Videos need to be posted on a different platform, like TikTok or YouTube, and then they can be linked here.

Have you tried making her feed soupy? my Runners love soupy feed. In the afternoon what's left in their feed bowls gets nice warm water poured over it and they go to town. Maybe try some wet feed. [If it is going to sit out for the day I'd add some ACV to the warm water to stop mold from starting.

Back
Top Bottom