Duck nursery

kmac720

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2012
I have a broody mama duck in a mobile coop isolated from the rest of our roaming chickens and ducks. what kind of water setup should she have for when the babies are born? She had a small pool but babies won’t be able to access it so I’m looking to remove it for a regular watered until they are a few weeks older. Any suggestion?

I have a broody mama duck in a mobile coop isolated from the rest of our roaming chickens and ducks. what kind of water setup should she have for when the babies are born? She had a small pool but babies won’t be able to access it so I’m looking to remove it for a regular watered until they are a few weeks older. Any suggestion?
I use cup waterers for my ducklings when they're very small and brooder size. They only work for the first week and a half or so because ducklings grow so quickly that soon they can't submerge their whole bill in the water and that's important to get their nares clean.

Coffee container was for mama when her and ducklings were inside. Then the shorter one was for the ducklings.
9724A5BC-29CF-49E4-99DC-AD03BFE2F03B.jpeg
35497155-1216-4D19-BDEB-F1CDC949B63A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom