Duck 'orientation'?!

How is your bullied drake around the female? Maybe if he’s nice let her stay with him so he at least has company . Ever heard of Pierces all purpose Nu Stock? You might check into using this on your drakes bill.

How is your bullied drake around the female? Maybe if he’s nice let her stay with him so he at least has company . Ever heard of Pierces all purpose Nu Stock? You might check into using this on your drakes bill.
I'm actually in the process of ordering some for our goats. That is an awesome suggestion. Last night when I went to put the ducks away I checked on his beak. The funky gunky area is looking smaller and the flakiness is less as well. His beak overall looks to be changing color. It's now more of a dark gray green with a yellow hue. I'm still watching it closely but it looks to be doing a bit better at the moment. The girl is imprinted with the pekin Drake. However the bullied khaki is fine with the Mallard Drake. I've separated the two of them together before and that went well. Separation during the day is easy to do but at night time we don't have a spot yet for them (separated ducks... We only have one duck coop area at the moment)

9DFF44C3-14FE-432A-9ECB-3DD34022EE80.jpeg
EC5C7A55-5E42-4241-88CA-37FF08340838.jpeg
EA335CEE-5775-440D-AB41-662DCD8EEDB4.jpeg
Dog crates work well too. When only one coop lets everyone be together but not bullied. That’s great news about his bill.

We don't have a dog crate but last night I put the cat crate in there. This morning khaki was sleeping inside the crate (door open) and everyone else were snuggled up outside of the crate. Since our chicken/duck coop was unfinished when we got goats the goats have taken over where the ducks were going to be and the chicken potion turned into a hay loft lol the ducks currently have this as their coop until we can divide up the barn between the goats and ducks (hopefully this weekend) and be able to keep their messes separate from each other. Since they're sharing a space thru winter I'm trying to be as sanitary as I can out there but it's hard when both ducks and goats just poop and pee wherever whenever they feel.

7EDA5B6D-F00A-4063-BEE6-FB8B348320B0.jpeg
@Miss Lydia .. It's a horrible pic cuz the flash (the ducks hate the flash. I didn't mean to have it on but he didn't wanna let me take another pic. I'll try again at some point today) you can see the color his bill is turning down towards the tip.

Isn’t the coloring normal on KC drakes once mature? Now the other it could be fungal it might just be normal peeling but the oozing doesn’t sound normal.

Back
Top Bottom