Duck out of nowhere having trouble walking

furbabies86

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
My duck is about two months old. He was walking fine yesterday and then we moved them slowly from inside the garage pen to their brand bed outside pen. While doing so they were very scared but we slowly walked them. As of last night and today one of them lays a lot and his walk is really weird. Having a hard time walking. Nothing in his pads or webbing. I don’t know what happened. Maybe heavy needs more niacin?? Pekin duck please help. Also we hatched this group first time! They were all huddled together when moving them. I don’t know what happened.

Pekins generally do need more niacin. But, what do your ducks currently eat?
They are eating strictly duck/geese food. When they were younger gave them poultry boost, tuna and peas every so often also. He was completely fine yesterday until we moved them from inside to outside on grass

They are eating strictly duck/geese food. When they were younger gave them poultry boost, tuna and peas every so often also. He was completely fine yesterday until we moved them from inside to outside on grass
I have niacin supplement in a bottle. I was gonna try to give him some with food but can’t remember how much I’m allowed to go to him.

Has the duck been on grass before? I know it's a silly question, but you never know if he's just being stubborn.
Adult ducks get 12.5 mg of niacin. Ducklings get 10 mg.

Back
Top Bottom