Duck out of nowhere having trouble walking

Please see response below with pictures to miss Lydia do also have this I just need to know how much to put in their water it’s hard to put in their food as there is six of them I am running to get a syringe now but please let me know how much I can put in their water
The b complex is what you want to use because it also has niacin (b3). 1mL but, I believe you are supposed to put it on feed or a treat.

The b complex is what you want to use because it also has niacin (b3). 1mL but, I believe you are supposed to put it on feed or a treat.
Well issue is to try and get him to eat it. Wish I could put it in water. I gave a treat with some in it but who’s to say he will eat it. I unfortunately can’t separate them either. So I’m hoping something will work soon. Thank you.

If I’m using a bigger container of food like the normal food container for ducks and chickens that has more than just a small treat am I able to use more than 1 mL or just use 1 mL no matter what a day? I feel like since there’s six of them I’m curious if he will be able to get it in his food if it’s only 1 mL

If I’m using a bigger container of food like the normal food container for ducks and chickens that has more than just a small treat am I able to use more than 1 mL or just use 1 mL no matter what a day? I feel like since there’s six of them I’m curious if he will be able to get it in his food if it’s only 1 mL
Not quite sure. The article above was written by @Isaac 0 maybe they can give some advice on that.

Well issue is to try and get him to eat it. Wish I could put it in water. I gave a treat with some in it but who’s to say he will eat it. I unfortunately can’t separate them either. So I’m hoping something will work soon. Thank you.
It won't hurt any of them to have it. Its beneficial no matter who gets it. As far as putting it in the water, I'm just not sure its palatable like the rooster booster. Maybe that's why it's not advised to put it in the water.
The article posted also said you can put it directly in the mouth. You just don't want to put it directly down the throat, but off to the side. That might be harder to do alone though.

It won't hurt any of them to have it. Its beneficial no matter who gets it. As far as putting it in the water, I'm just not sure its palatable like the rooster booster. Maybe that's why it's not advised to put it in the water.
The article posted also said you can put it directly in the mouth. You just don't want to put it directly down the throat, but off to the side. That might be harder to do alone though.
Ok thank you.

This is copied from the article linked above:

"
How to administer

There are several ways to administer the vitamin B complex.

For novice duck keepers we recommend giving the complex over treats, this is a fairly safe approach to the administration of the complex as not much can go wrong. Ducks seem to enjoy peas, mealworms, watermelon, and lettuce the most. Simply, mix the complex into the treats. If the ducks don't take kindly to the taste, you can split the dosage up several times throughout the day so the taste isn't as potent in one sitting. For a list of safe treats for ducklings please read the bottom of this post.

If you're unable to get the ducklings to eat the treats, or they're in such bad shape you want a sure/fast way of administration, you may consider administering the complex orally.

Orally (PO), simply involves giving the medication directly into the duck's mouth. The tinier the syringe, the easier it is to administer with. I fill a 1ml syringe with the complex, grab the duck, I gently pinch the external corners of its mouth to get it open, and stick the syringe down the bird's right side, and slowly squeeze the plunger. NOTE, it is very easy to aspirate a duck when giving medication by mouth, especially ones that are on the younger side. So, please do your research and read this article thoroughly before administering it.

Administering Oral Fluids

Per "Metzer Farms", you can administer niacin capsules, via water, given at a ratio of 500mg per four gallons of drinking water. As with adding any supplement to their water, another clean water dish should be provided, in case the ducks refuse to drink the water.

The Complex can also be given (SQ) Subcutaneously, and (IM) Intramuscular. I'm not going to go into depth on how to administer these two ways since it can be harder to perform then the methods mentioned above, and more "scary" for new owners. If you want to learn more about these two methods of administration, please refer to the bottom of this post."

Back
Top Bottom