Duck "pigeon toed" and having trouble walking...

Jun 10, 2021
I have a duckling that is 5 weeks old and it wobbles around and trips over its feet...it's like it's pigeon toed...I noticed today it has laid around more than the others probably bc it's having a hard time getting around. I have tried to research this and I find stuff about Niacin or Vitamin B complex or nutritional yeast...can anyone tell me exactly what I need to get and how to give it 😂 I feel like everything I read gives me more info or different info and I'm stressing out here. Thank y'all !!

Nutritional yeast or Brewer's yeast are both good to prevent issues, but you can still use them. You can just top their food with it. I think I usually put about 2-3 tbls on top of duck food.

Vitamin b complex is best to use when you have an issue you want to treat and potentially correct. You give them 1ml of it either orally or over a treat. TSC sells an injectable one that you just give orally. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-hi-level-vitamin-b-complex

Here is how to orally administer it if you choose to do that.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Nutritional yeast or Brewer's yeast are both good to prevent issues, but you can still use them. You can just top their food with it. I think I usually put about 2-3 tbls on top of duck food.

Vitamin b complex is best to use when you have an issue you want to treat and potentially correct. You give them 1ml of it either orally or over a treat. TSC sells an injectable one that you just give orally. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-hi-level-vitamin-b-complex

Here is how to orally administer it if you choose to do that.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
Would it be good to buy both the vitamin b and nutritional yeast so I can give all my ducks the yeast over their food but then give my duck with the issue the b complex to fix her up?

Yes. It would be good to give everyone yeast, because it can't hurt them. The vitamin b complex won't hurt your other duck and you could give it to her for a week at least

It is also potentially possible she is a more lazy duck. A few of my ducklings would pig out and then just go into a food coma. They also do step on their feet a bit at that age. They are not super coordinated yet. But being proactive and preventative will not hurt in this situation.

Yes. It would be good to give everyone yeast, because it can't hurt them. The vitamin b complex won't hurt your other duck and you could give it to her for a week at least

It is also potentially possible she is a more lazy duck. A few of my ducklings would pig out and then just go into a food coma. They also do step on their feet a bit at that age. They are not super coordinated yet. But being proactive and preventative will not hurt in this situation.
Thank you so much! I can get nutritional yeast tomorrow but it will be Saturday before I can get the b complex. I feel like she needs this instead of being lazy bc she hasn't been like this and today seemed like she has gotten worse...before I felt like she was just sorta a clutz but after watching her have a hard time walking and then laying down to eat instead of standing up like she normally does...I figured she may have a deficiency. Thank you so much for your help!! I greatly appreciate it! 🤗

Thank you so much! I can get nutritional yeast tomorrow but it will be Saturday before I can get the b complex. I feel like she needs this instead of being lazy bc she hasn't been like this and today seemed like she has gotten worse...before I felt like she was just sorta a clutz but after watching her have a hard time walking and then laying down to eat instead of standing up like she normally does...I figured she may have a deficiency. Thank you so much for your help!! I greatly appreciate it! 🤗
Just make sure you give the vitamin b complex at least a week to see if it is helping. It can take time to see improvement. I hope it helps her out. It may not help her clutziness, some ducks are just that way 😁

Back
Top Bottom