Duck pond need suggestions

Kazjia

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
Covington, wa
I am currently using a kiddie pool and 33 gal preformed pond for my ducks which requires clean out and refilling d daily. What options are there for a pond that doesn't require daily clean out and dumping of water?

D Chou k

Anyways...:lau
The kiddie pools I find to be the easiest with Ducks....I do not give free access to the pools...They are kept out of the run and used during free range time as I supervise ...Then they only need dumping every other day or so....:frow

They run around the back yard (1/2 acre) and spend most of the time in the pools. I have a grazing area for them but they maybe spend 10-15 mins there and back to the pools.

get a pond filter and i have this pool for my duck.I dont have a filter i just clean mine out once a week. dont mind the dirty water im cleaning it out today.This is where i bought ithttps://www.amazon.com/H2OGO-First-Frame-Pool-Green/dp/B0161DI5RO/ref=pd_day0_86_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0161DI5RO&pd_rd_r=XX4402XD0P5N41MDSHFM&pd_rd_w=vJnP5&pd_rd_wg=a6S2K&psc=1&refRID=XX4402XD0P5N41MDSHFM
its called first frame pool.I use bricks on the in and out for him to get in and out easy.For a filter I recommend this one- https://www.amazon.com/TetraPond-Su...F8&qid=1498687688&sr=8-3&keywords=pond+filter
upload_2017-6-28_18-6-38.png

I had a 5 foot kiddie pool for my 3 muscovies and put a drain in it, which was great (explained in a forum here). However the pool cracked every 4 to 8 months and they are not easy to find. So I dug a pool about 10 foot by 5 foot by about 2 foot deep at the deepest and lined it with an underliner and pond liner. I drain it in about 30 minutes with a very simple Homasy 920GPH Submersible pump (about $39 from Amazon). You attach it to a regular garden hose (not the expandable sort) and plug it in. You can use the dirty water for your yard and plants. You really need to stay with it, since if it runs out of water, the pump can be ruined. I put it in the deepest point of my pond and it drained it dry apart from about an inch in the little hollow I had made. I kept brushing the muck into the hollow so at the end the pool was very clean. I am delighted with it so far, especially as it means I can put stones and plants around the edge and make it look pretty (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom