Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
Moochie----- They are probably looking for tiny bits for grit or bugs under. I have assorted gravel and they are always digging in it, whenI hose their gravel pens , they love to dabble looking for bits of bugs ...

Pools. I have/had a big preformed pond ,we put a drain in and dug in ground and made sure it drained down hill into our woods. Worked great for 3 years, then it sprung a leak at drain.I took it out to move near orchard to recycle the water . But it is still sitting waiting to be dug in when son comes home from college
wink.png
I could let it go a week or so in hot weather before draining (it was in shade), Much longer in winter.I did have to make a hardware cloth drain cover as the leaves, rocks and sticks the geese put in it would get stuck in drain. I usually had to "pull the goop out" after draining too.(Soooo much fun)
roll.png
But they did love it. For now. I just use pans and pools. Slope is important and what are you going to do with the water, and having a well...............

Isn't it painful to empty and refill those big ponds? I'd like to build one, but I have to empty the kiddie pool every day. Granted, I have six Mallards :)
I'm use to emptying this big pond.
I have yet to hook the pond up this year. I just recently filled it for the ducklings since they are getting too big for everything else.
We use a shop-vac to suck out all the water. I don't mind scrubbing the pond either, idk why lol.

It's really not as big as it looks in the picture. It's also not deep. Where I live if it's 2' deep (I think) then you have to fence it off to prevent drowning.

I noticed some ponds had plastic sheeting in them to hold the water, a lot like giant tarps. What is that, were can you get it, and how much does it cost? Thanks!

Oh, and can you use old duck water for gardens or does it burn the plants?

For me,I have n overflow that runs into the ditch behind the pond,,,I stick the hose in there once every few days to freshen up the water,,pretty easy. :)

So here's a question.... Has anyone ever put in a drainage system that allows you to attach a hose? I'd like to be able to run water from a pretty big kiddie pool out to my front lawn to water it and I'm just wondering if that's possible? I suppose I'd need some sort of a debris catch.... Maybe something as simple as a weighted box with mesh and fish carbon over the drain plug... How would one go about doing something like that?

So here's a question.... Has anyone ever put in a drainage system that allows you to attach a hose? I'd like to be able to run water from a pretty big kiddie pool out to my front lawn to water it and I'm just wondering if that's possible? I suppose I'd need some sort of a debris catch.... Maybe something as simple as a weighted box with mesh and fish carbon over the drain plug... How would one go about doing something like that?
Yes a few members have attached drains that hooked up to hoses connected to their gardens. I can't remember who it was though

Back
Top Bottom