Duck Pond/pool pictures

Gorgeous pond! My husband was thinking about building something like that on the side of the house for fish. But he didn't get to do that.
Instead I cleared out some of the woods to access the water on the back side of our property. And once I get some more dirt hauled back in to fill in what was lost from the removal of trees and junk, it was bad, it will look great with the ducks and chickens free ranging. Oh and some flowers planted down there.
smile.png

This is a picture of the larger pond. I just stocked it with some channel catfish.
March5008.jpg

But the ducks will be on the lower pond. I don't have a good picture.
This is the second dam from the beavers and below this is marsh and pools of water.
February28047.jpg

Quote:
That's a nice little pond! How do you keep it clean? I have a kiddie pool and have to dump it every day b/c the ducks make such a mess in it!

Hi, that is a kiddie pool. I bail and refill....alot!

DMFarm...absolutely beautiful. I would sit out there all day and get nothing else done.

chickensioux, Yep, I dump and refill daily and that's with only 3 six pound ducks. I know it's gonna be worse with 4-6 more!

KellyHM, I agree. Watching them go about their daily lives is a large part of my enjoyment of them. I need to do it more often
tongue.png

Last edited:
Those are some great ponds! Mine is just a small one, 4'X6' and about a foot deep. My mandarins love it though! I have a 1" pipe with a valve to drain it. which only needs to be every week and a half. The recirculating pump keeps it pretty cool and the grass and rocks keep it from getting very muddy! I love it, can't wait to get my split wood ducks this fall! EVERYONE GO TO THE STICKY AND REPORT THAT YOU WANT TO HAVE A STICKY ONLY FOR PONDS/ PENS/ AVIARIES!!!! I would like to see one for wild/ornamental ducks, and another for domestic ducks, but they aren't listening to just me...
tongue.png

36549_080.jpg

36549_083.jpg

36549_081.jpg

36549_087.jpg

This is a view of the drain, it just drains on to my lawn out the hole on the bottom...

I am so jealous of all these gorgeous ponds! Every time we have tried to do a natural pond, we always struggle with filtration other than on the farm where we had huge ponds. Even now, I drain and refill our mini-ponds daily (having drains in them has made it so much easier), but good Lord all the water. I am going to try to set up something where the drain pipe drains into a big bucket of gravel or something that might help filter some, so it doesn't pool as much. Has anyone tried something like this? I thought about trying to find something like charcoal as well to see if that helps neutralize it a little (although right now, we are not having much problem at all with smell or anything).

Back
Top Bottom