Duck poop with undigested oyster shell bits??

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
One ( I think just one) of my ducks Poops these white bits out that look like undigested oyster shell ?and I think it might be the one that has been acting lethargic but I’m not sure… has anyone ever seen poops like this from ducks?

Attachments

• E2C3CC5E-ADD6-4A99-992D-06A0D4548D38.jpeg
    E2C3CC5E-ADD6-4A99-992D-06A0D4548D38.jpeg
    916.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 5C334B7F-8B9E-4A0C-B2C1-FEC1CBAB7446.jpeg
    5C334B7F-8B9E-4A0C-B2C1-FEC1CBAB7446.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 13
They have it available about 10 feet away from their regular food, all the time.
6 ducks are 7 years old
1 duck is 4
2 ducks are 3
4 ducks are just teenagers lol

Their food is MAZURI Waterfowl maintenance. They also have NUTRENA Nature Wise All Flock pellets available ,, they share their yard with my 2 chocolate Orpington hens ( but sleep separate)
The poop in question is not from the chickens, not from the teenage ducks,, and not from the 3 year olds , I’m still trying to see exactly whose it is, but yes it’s from an older duck.

One ( I think just one) of my ducks Poops these white bits out that look like undigested oyster shell ?and I think it might be the one that has been acting lethargic but I’m not sure… has anyone ever seen poops like this from ducks?
I haven’t seen this myself but wonder if she is eating the shells like a grit
Do you provide grit in a separate bowl for them
I know most yards have it but if they can’t find she maybe using it instead
I keep a bowl full at all times beside the feed and here and there in the summer mine still eat it and winter they eat a lot more of it
Just saw one girl eat some last night so she must not have dug any up in the yard yesterday

I haven’t seen this myself but wonder if she is eating the shells like a grit
Do you provide grit in a separate bowl for them
I know most yards have it but if they can’t find she maybe using it instead
I keep a bowl full at all times beside the feed and here and there in the summer mine still eat it and winter they eat a lot more of it
Just saw one girl eat some last night so she must not have dug any up in the yard yesterday
Hmmm that’s a thought … I don’t have a bowl of Grit for them out in the yard but I do dump little piles of grit sometimes in the yard near their food just to make it easier for them, but I can put a bowl out and see what happens 😀 maybe i have a lazy girl lol

Hmmm that’s a thought … I don’t have a bowl of Grit for them out in the yard but I do dump little piles of grit sometimes in the yard near their food just to make it easier for them, but I can put a bowl out and see what happens 😀 maybe i have a lazy girl lol
Hopefully it’s just something simple and not digestive issues

Back
Top Bottom