Duck problem...Need advise

She has the shells but won't touch them, I have tried to mix with meal worms ,veggies and even her food and all she does is spit them out...

I just mixed 2 gallons of water with 3 1000mg calcium citrate pills but earlier you said 250mgs of luquid...would you happen to know that in how many teaspoons

I just mixed 2 gallons of water with 3 1000mg calcium citrate pills but earlier you said 250mgs of luquid...would you happen to know that in how many teaspoons
Liquid depends on what you get for calcium. My Cal citrate is in capsule so I mix the 3 capsules in their water bucket. If you got calcium gluconate it's a liquid already. I think 3 cal citrate would be around 500 mgs I don't have my bottle sitting right here it's in the duck house I'll check later.

@Amiga I believe broke it down to 250mgs of calcium gluconate.

I don't have my calculations from the calcium gluconate liquid, I remember just for basic supplements putting it in their water....

I like the calcium citrate because it is much less expensive and I know that one tablet is 250 mg. So I'll put half or occasionally a whole tablet, crushed, onto a few tablespoons of peas for an individual duck.

For a flock of 13, I add 6 tablets, dissolved in hot water, with a teaspoon or two of turmeric (anti inflammatory - it stains clothes and skin, be careful) into their moistened food every day or two.

Somewhere on here there is probably an archive of my dosage for the Ca gluconate.....

I was only able to find calcium citrate capsules...and they 1000mg each.how you recommend I use them?.this is just one duck alone.this morning I did give 250mgs of the liquid calcium orally from a dropper and she took that fine...

I was only able to find calcium citrate capsules...and they 1000mg each.how you recommend I use them?.this is just one duck alone.this morning I did give 250mgs of the liquid calcium orally from a dropper and she took that fine...
Keep giving the liquid calcium for now since she is taking it with out a problem.

My calcium citrate say 1000mgs per 6 capsules I give them 3 capsules mixed in water 2X a week.

Back
Top Bottom