Duck problems

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duck Lover3000, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Duck Lover3000

Duck Lover3000 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2013
    Australia
    I started to incubate my cayuga eggs because they where being sat on but she kept pushing them out from under neither her so me and my dad my the desition to make a home made incubator[​IMG] but i am worried that I have shrink warped them I am a first time duck owner and I have a few questions

1. The day they where as posed to hatch one egg got broken and the duckling was not formed properly so we thought that the day was wrong so that after noon we made an incubator because there was nowhere in town that sold one but we don't have a thing that measures the humidity does that matter

2. Is it possible that the air sack is to thick for them to pip through we found the broken egg 2 days ago.

Iam starting to get worried please help :idunno:(

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Yes humidity means a lot especially at end of incubation here is a guide that may help you but honestly you need some way to find out what your humidity is. Wish I could help more but I've never used an incubator. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed it says Goose but it is for water fowl.. wishing you the best . [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by