Duck raped goose.

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
So tonight I heard my goose (female Toulouse) screaming and ran out to find her trapped in the pen being “raped” by one of the mallards (male) that were given to us last month. I swear these 2 mallards will be thanksgiving dinner this year! I’m not sure if anything actually happened but he was on top of her and she was screaming. She’ll be alright right? I wish the geese would just turn around and beat up those mallards, they are such bullies!

Sounds like the drakes need to be separated from your goose. They will continuously try to mate her by the sounds of it.
I normally have them separated but I’ve had the last few days off so I decided to try again to let them free range with everyone (2 geese, 4 runners, 2 Muscovy). They’ve been doing good minding their own buildings and keeping to themselves. Till this happened. They’ve been a nuisance since we’ve gotten them. They bully everyone except the Muscovys. The muscovys always win lol (even the female).

My drake has come close to breaking my sanity. He has terrorized my female goose Friday her entire life. He’s a jumbo pekin so he pretty much has nubs for legs they’re so short so he’s not the quickest or most agile but she must think he’s a threat just by the way he behaves. I make a point to try to keep them separate, they only rarely are out together while free ranging.
This year she hatched out some babies and beat the daylights out of him for going near them their first outing. Olaf now avoids Friday.

Unfortunately I know it isn’t permanent, he’ll forget by next spring and probably start harassing them all again. Drake’s are kinda pea brained and can be extremely obsessive.

I've seen that happen twice at my place. A few years back, I had a smaller domestic drake that was fixated on trying to rape my geese. After a few weeks of non-stop yelling at him and chasing him off, I sold him.

Then last month, I ran out to save an older, arthritic goose getting raped by a large muscovy yearling drake. I was shocked and beyond upset. He was locked up in a stall that instant. For safe measure, my husband also rounded up his three yearling buddies. They stayed locked up until we were able to find a home for them. That is behavior I will not tolerate.

Back
Top Bottom