Duck rescued from area lake

I don't disagree or have any reason to doubt this. But I'm wondering why the chickens don't just run away? So he would like attack them?
He will try and mount them and he will be bigger than your chickens, Plus drakes have a spiral penis and chickens are not equipped to accept penetration by a spiral penis. This can damage the chicken's inside and even kill the chicken

I don't disagree or have any reason to doubt this. But I'm wondering why the chickens don't just run away? So he would like attack them?
Drakes have penises - roosters do not. Chicken hens reproductive tracts are not designed for the insertion of 'objects'. A drake mating chicken hens can cause them to prolapse.

Hes a handsome devil! I am very very fond of my pekin drakeā€¦ 9 months of the year. Right now hes the nicest gentleman you could ever hope to meet, mating time those hens wouldnā€™t stand a chance . You know how it goes about running from a bear? You donā€™t have to be faster than the bear, just faster than the other guy.
If you cant find a home, he really should have another drake friend.. shouldnā€™t be hard finding one, pekins are super popular and people end up with too many drakes routinely.

Good job rescuing him!!!
I just wanted to mention, when I was younger we had a large flock of chickens. We had two Pekin drakes in with 30+ chicken hens. The hens would squat for the drakes, and the drakes would breed them so hard that the about killed them. Then they would drag them into their pond to keep breeding them, which would drown them. We lost multiple hens this way. We noticed a number of birds suddenly missing and discovered them in their pond. They were separated immediately. A duck/chicken flock does not work.

Back
Top Bottom