Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
When we hatched our ducklings we were really worried that they wouldn't put themselves to bed at night in the run to keep safe from predators. It took us a few weeks to herd them into the run each night until they got the idea.

We thought it was pretty cool when they started to go into the run at night.

After a few months we thought it was funny / interesting that they started to climb the ramp to go and sleep on the floor of the raised coop... under the chickens.

A few months later we thought it was really funny / weird that one of them would jump up and roost with the chickens!?!

Silly duck!

2_duck-roosting.jpg

Cute!

Our scovy roosts on the top of the other duck's dog house inside the night pen. She looks like a guardian angel but I worry about her getting cold up there. At least your gal has some buddies to keep her warm.

this reminds me f my goose
roll.png

i have a roost in my run that is held up by 2 tree stumps. when my chickens roost on the branch my goose will jump about 2 ft up on her stump and sleep next to her chickens off the ground.

Last edited:
we lost one of our ducks and while we were looking for another we put our duck in the coop with our 12 week old chicks she would climb up and roost with them. She is Khaki Campbell

Back
Top Bottom