duck run broken by SNOW...

mommyofthreewithchicks

Songster
10 Years
Jun 25, 2010
Minnesota
So I guess it is back to the drawing board for the run as a few days ago DH went out and saw the run was broken. All the snow from the barn fell onto it and broke beams and such. The good news is that he actually looked and saw a duck butt up and went to rescue it. One of my female mallards was stuck in all that snow and actually was unharmed once they got it out of the snow.

I of course then counted all my birds and came up with the correct number (silly birds don't know how to stay still to be counted). And the female mallard went into the duck hospital for the night as I had to be sure she was fine.

That same day our kitten got her paw stuck in the mouse trap and I was sure it was broken since she was dragging it when I found her- had to BREAK the darn mouse trap to get her out and surprisingly she too is fine.

It has been an eventful few days at our house....

Wow sounds like you had quit a day
big_smile.png
aleast every liveing thing was ok
wink.png
Sorry about your duck run though
hmm.png

As one family member reminded me- it could have been a lot worse. No people were out there and the one duck is fine. Just sucks to see all of Dh's hard work down the drain (and since I have been the one to build most of the "bird items" to get him to go out there was a BIG deal). Plus I think we got only 3 months of use out of it. Ah well.... They have quite a bit of space inside so at least they have the square footage inside.

I am now trying to figure out how to make it so that next year it won't do this again...

Back
Top Bottom