Duck run/coop tips/suggestions/criticism

@Miss Lydia @416bigbore : Great points about the window. I’ll be sure to put hardware cloth over that too. The rest of the pen everything is covered with hardware cloth :) He did put hardware cloth underground too so diggers can’t dig. If there’s anything else to do or if that’s not enough, let me know! ohhhh yes ventilation! How could we forget that :eek: that will absolutely be added as well!
I personally am a big fan of an electric fence on the outside of the perimeter. IMO not such thing as having to much protection when it comes to our little Babies ! :love

@Miss Lydia , @Isaac 0 , @416bigbore , @3bird 1 more question that I bet someone knows the answer to! So, we’ve been bringing the ducks outside during the day and supervising them because the run is not 100% complete but I noticed they’re really digging up rocks. I know it’s totally normal for them to forage/drill into the ground and I’m seeing *most* of the ducks just bill the rocks and spit them out but I’m worried about them swallowing a rock that might be too big. I read a horror story about a duck who ate a jagged rock. I have gone through the pen and kicked out any rocks that I think could harm them but now they’re just digging them all up from the under the dirt...so I don’t know how I would stop them at that point. Do ducks generally know to spit them out? These rocks aren’t pebbles, they’re not huge either, maybe size of a quarter? I figure so many ducks free range and there’s little rocks under the ground everywhere and those ducks are fine. I’m just worried they won’t spit out the rocks!

Back
Top Bottom