Duck screams when I leave her run?

I think she just wants to know where you are.
she must like you☺️
Bird Attack GIF

I think it's a quack of missing you.

I had 3 peking last year. I have a pond in the back and I learned a tough lesson to keep them away from the pond when the water level drops. Their must be some kind of toxins that lurk in the low waters (like the water was 3 foot below normal levels). Recently the 2nd of the 3 died. So I have vowed to never let them again on the water when it's low.

But interestingly, when I got two ducklings to be this lone duck's new family, she doesn't want to be away from them. Loves them! And they adore her. I call her their auntie.

Now I have to let them sleep together - but since the younger ones aren't feathered out I don't want them in cooler night temperatures and they still need to constantly eat.

So now when I try to bring the little ones inside at night she squacks for them!
She'll stand at the back door and quack!

So I gave in.

I now have 3 ducks sleeping in my huge master bathroom tub at night! And when I leave the room and shut the door, I hear a loud "Quack!" She's so cute!!!

I think it's a quack of missing you.

I had 3 peking last year. I have a pond in the back and I learned a tough lesson to keep them away from the pond when the water level drops. Their must be some kind of toxins that lurk in the low waters (like the water was 3 foot below normal levels). Recently the 2nd of the 3 died. So I have vowed to never let them again on the water when it's low.

But interestingly, when I got two ducklings to be this lone duck's new family, she doesn't want to be away from them. Loves them! And they adore her. I call her their auntie.

Now I have to let them sleep together - but since the younger ones aren't feathered out I don't want them in cooler night temperatures and they still need to constantly eat.

So now when I try to bring the little ones inside at night she squacks for them!
She'll stand at the back door and quack!

So I gave in.

I now have 3 ducks sleeping in my huge master bathroom tub at night! And when I leave the room and shut the door, I hear a loud "Quack!" She's so cute!!!
Yeah i figured it'd be loneliness, i just find it funny because she acts like she can't stand me when I go near her (typical keeping away and waddling around to avoid being loved on kind of stuff) but as soon as she can't see me she'll scream like she thinks I'm dead, loud enough for me to hear her in my bedroom lol

Yeah i figured it'd be loneliness, i just find it funny because she acts like she can't stand me when I go near her (typical keeping away and waddling around to avoid being loved on kind of stuff) but as soon as she can't see me she'll scream like she thinks I'm dead, loud enough for me to hear her in my bedroom lol
" i just find it funny because she acts like she can't stand me when I go near her (typical keeping away and waddling around to avoid being loved on kind of stuff) but as soon as she can't see me she'll scream like she thinks I'm dead, loud enough for me to hear her in my bedroom"

Yep...sounds like a typical woman...and I can say that because I am one😂

" i just find it funny because she acts like she can't stand me when I go near her (typical keeping away and waddling around to avoid being loved on kind of stuff) but as soon as she can't see me she'll scream like she thinks I'm dead, loud enough for me to hear her in my bedroom"

Yep...sounds like a typical woman...and I can say that because I am one😂
The best part is that when she starts honking all the goslings in there with her start peeping too because they know her crying means I'm outside somewhere and they're imprinted on me

Back
Top Bottom