Duck sleeping with head on ground? Vitamin deficiency?

hannibalfarm6

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2019
I have 5 Pekin ducklings that are 6 weeks old this week. One I have noticed has been sleeping with its head on the ground, kind of long outstretched in front of its body. First I thought maybe it was a quirky way to sleep, but it seems as though when the rest of the ducks are kicking around it sits back by itself sometimes. Other than that it eats and drinks just fine. Could this be early signs of a vitamin deficiency? And if so do you Know which in particular? I have been putting the duvet vitamins and electrolytes in their water at night but I’m wondering if it’s something more specific. I had a duckling get niacin deficiency very severe in the past and I am scared and want to catch this early if it is something! Thank you!

Hi here are two photos, let me know if this helps at all. Besides this she still swims, walks, eats, drinks, etc just sometimes sits aside by herself when the others are splashing around

Attachments

• 102ACDC1-6DA7-4478-BEF1-5F756BCB56A9.jpeg
    102ACDC1-6DA7-4478-BEF1-5F756BCB56A9.jpeg
    697.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 9519A299-94F2-460D-A275-05BAD253CDC8.jpeg
    9519A299-94F2-460D-A275-05BAD253CDC8.jpeg
    818.2 KB · Views: 91
Hi here are two photos, let me know if this helps at all. Besides this she still swims, walks, eats, drinks, etc just sometimes sits aside by herself when the others are splashing around
Did you ever find out what the cause was? Having a similar issue with one of mine.

Did you ever find out what the cause was? Having a similar issue with one of mine.
im not familiar with ducks but my chicken was drooping her neck all the way and her body was falling and we gave her a vitamin e capsule. Vitamin E boosts immune system and helps with wry neck. She got better soon after and is alive today, hope your duck feel better

Back
Top Bottom